zig time background

Friday, September 18, 2009

Trusting through Pain

Last night, I went to a memorial service for the infant son of a sweet friend. The little boy was only 4 weeks old when he went to be with Jesus. Our choir sang several songs for the memorial service that had been hand-selected by the parents. While I was sitting in the choir loft, every once in a while, I would steal a glance at the mother. Through her tears, she was smiling with closed eyes and singing along to every word in complete worship. The songs told of the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord and how He has complete power and control, even when we go through times where we feel shattered, torn, and broken. I was so moved by her trust in the Lord, Who she knew to be faithful to her...even in the midst of her storm. It shamed me to think of the times in my own life when I don't choose to trust Him, especially when I've not experienced anything nearly as devastating as losing a child. What an encouragement she was to me!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. how devastating...yet like you said, so encouraging at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine. Glad you could be apart of the music that lifted the family up.

    ReplyDelete