zig time background

Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Evie

I miss my sweet friend so much. She was one of my closest friends for most of the last 10 years. When life happened, Eve was there. Eve had the most generous heart of anyone that I know. She loved unconditionally and was a great listener and encourager. She was very commited to her beliefs and would stick to them no matter what.

She was diagnosed with colon cancer several years ago and fought hard with that tenacious spirit of hers. Almost a year ago, she went to be with Jesus. I am comforted by the fact that she is no longer in any pain, but I still ache for her.

I struggled a lot today as I missed her more than usual. Since she was on my mind, I thought I would at least introduce her since I'll probably write about her again.

2 comments:

  1. I know she was such a special friend to you. I look forward to hearing more about your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a sweet girl. It's hard to lose a friend like that. You will probably always think of her when something special is happening - or sometimes just out of the blue. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete